The client system…
UK based, centralised HR advisory hub within a large-scale complex organisation.
Their role is to deliver expert driven support to leaders across diverse services in a timely manner. Ensuring both the employee and organisation are protected, in line with company policy and legal frameworks.
Key client requirements
- Improve the service offered to leaders, by ensuring advice is timely, accurate and actionable.
- Reduce any unnecessary activity in order to optimize the productivity of the system
- Engage with the frontline and leaders to ensure they have a method for continuous improvement
- Provide a platform for service development, to add further value to the HR proposition
A radical overhaul of the operating model with the instilling of a new service approach and metrics. This led to a simplified design with advisors focused on outcomes in customer terms…
- Immediate response to customers to assess requirements
- Where possible resolve 1st time, if not build an action plan with dates and responsibilities.
- Progress according to requirements and timings agreed
- If required get instant support from senior leaders to deal with any issues e.g. unresponsive customers/risks to the business
What was the outcome?
A transformation in performance…
- 100% of customer demand serviced same day
- 40% of queries fully resolved within 3 days
- Case times reduced from an average of 100+ days to less than 10 days
- Case load reduced from 2500 to less than 350
- Capacity release of 40%
- Leadership capability increased to apply systems thinking in other parts of their organisation
- A ROI of 500%